DID YOU KNOW???
1. Coca-Cola was originally green.
2. Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S. Treasury.
3. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
4. Smartest dogs: 1) Scottish border collie; 2) Poodle; 3) Golden retriever. Dumbest: Afghan hound.
5. Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
6. Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
7. Amount American Airlines saved in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class: $40,000
8. City with the most Rolls Royce's per capita: Hong Kong
9. State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
10. Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%
11. Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
12. Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
13. Average number of days a West German goes without washing his underwear: 7
14. Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80% Percentage of American women who say they'd marry the same man: 50%
15. Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
16. Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.
17. Percentage of Americans who have visited Disneyland/Disney World: 70%
18. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
19. Only President to win a Pulitzer: John F. Kennedy for "Profiles in Courage."
20. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
21. The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
22. The youngest pope was 11 years old.
23. Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
24. First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
25. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
26. In the 1940's, the FCC assigned television's Channel 1 to mobile services (two-way radios in taxicabs, for instance) but did not re-number the other channel assignments. That is why your TV set has channels 2 and up; but no channel 1.
27. The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
28. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
29. "Hang On Snoopy" is the official rock song of Ohio.
30. Did you know that there are coffee-flavored PEZ?
31. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
32. The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie." (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)
33. When opossums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing." They actually pass out from sheer terror.
34. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building. 35. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history- Spades: King David; Clubs: Alexander the Great; Hearts: Charlemagne; and Diamonds: Julius Caesar.
36. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
37. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
38. Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them would burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired."